Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Consistency

Yesterday was CD12 and I had my ultrasound done to see if I had any mature follicles. I had one measuring 23 in my left ovary, and a TON in my right ovary that were measuring around 10ish. This is my third time going through this process (with the ultrasound and clomid) and all three times have been almost exactly the same. I always go in on CD12 and have one big follicle measuring around 22-23 in my left ovary and a ton of tiny ones in my right ovary. My doctor always reminds me what a great egg donor I would be. My doctor is always very happy that I have only one big follicle. He has alot of concerns about even the chance of twins and he is very passionate about avoiding multiples. I can't help but think he has a personal issue, possibly a bad experience in his past, that makes him feel this passionate about it.  Anyway, I triggered last night at 9:30pm. I am not ready to give myself the shot and neither is JJ. Luckily I have a brother in the medical field who is kind enough to give me the shot. I went to his house lastnight and he gave me the shot in my usual "muffin top" area. I almost immediately started feeling very sick to my stomach. I couldn't be sure if it was the shot or the amount of candy corn/peanut mix I ate on my drive over. However, I woke up this morning still feeling sick so I will go ahead and put the blame on the shot. I am scheduled for the insemination tomorrow at 9am (almost exactly 36 hours after the trigger). I am going to my first ever acupuncture session this afternoon and then again tomorrow at 10am, right after my insemination. Please don't judge me. I am embarrassed that I am stooping to something not backed by any solid research, but I feel like I have nothing to lose but $200, and lord knows that is nothing in the scheme of this process. So, I am off to be productive, work-wise. This is about the time of the cycle that I get the most done because I feel like I am moving forward and have nothing to worry about yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment